Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 2 (09/25/2015)

Hello Everyone!

I've been missing home and reading everyone's emails makes me very nostalgic but I'm happy I'm here doing the Lord's work. This week was busy because I was still figuring things out but I'm really starting to love it here.

We taught Sylvia during this week and we had our last lesson yesterday. It was a great experience and it helped me know how important it is to love your investigators and everyone around you. I have really started to love Spanish and I love teaching in Spanish. It's really hard but I'm getting it.

Our other investigator who we have had two lessons with is named Elias. He's from the Dominican Republic and he is super buff. He has a lot of questions and out of our trio I know Spanish the best so I usually have to respond to all of them. Haha! He is really fun to teach because I get to practice my Spanish and my knowledge of the gospel. We showed him a video in yesterday's lesson called "Waiting on the Road to Damascus". It is based around a talk by President Uchtdorf about how we usually won't have experiences like Saul becoming Paul (Pablo) but we will be converted through continuous faith. It answered a lot of his questions and I think we are really making progress with him.

My companions are great. I get frustrated with them sometimes because I am really strong in my opinions but I'm listening to them more and I'm working on growing closer to them. I think our trio can grow strong through the Spirit and through service to the Lord. We read in 1 Corinthians chapter 13 yesterday during class. That chapter is my favorite chapter in all the scriptures. It was a reminder that none of this is about me. Everything I do is for my companions benefit, the investigator's benefit, or God's benefit. I'm focusing outward and trying to be more tolerant/loving/perfect.

I was assigned to be district leader on Sunday because Elder Ogles and Elder Ashcraft (my companions) are going to be the new zone leaders. I haven't done much as DL. It's not really different from just being a district member. Haha! I am glad to support the district, though. I'm excited to see how everything goes and if I can do a good job.

I miss you all and I appreciate the emails and the snacks. I'm glad to be serving the Lord and I'm going to work hard. I love you all. Thank you for your prayers and love.

-Elder Steiner

No comments:

Post a Comment