Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Week 26 (3/14/2016)

Hello everyone!
This email might be a little short because the first hour we used to write I couldn't get the email to work so I was waiting around for a while while Elder Hernandez wrote. I don't want to use too much time on the computer today.
This week there was a storm that lasted about three days. It started on Tuesday night and went all the way through Thursday. It was pretty cold and wet but it wasn't so bad. It's all dry now because it got really hot on Friday. The mountains here even had snow! It was pretty good to see some snow even if I couldn't get up to it. We are probably going hiking one of these days but I'm not sure when.
Elder Hernandez promised one of our investigators that it would rain so that he could plant his corn. I think his promised worked pretty well. On Wednesday we went and planted corn and squash with our investigator. It wasn't raining too hard when we started but the storm got pretty strong so we put it off for another day.
This week we also learned how to make flour tortillas with one of Elder Hernandez's converts. It was pretty fun. I wrote down the steps so we can make them at home.
On Wednesday night during the storm we were trying to contact some references but either no body was home or no one wanted to listen. It was getting a little late so we thought about seeing if some less active members were home but we weren't quite sure what to do. When it's rainy it's pretty hard to contact so while we were thinking about what to do a quote by Elder Holland popped into my head. "Man's extremity is God's opportunity" After that I practically ran across the street to contact a tiny blue house. We ended up finding a family of 4 new investigators. We only had a short lesson but when we were going to finish with the prayer we asked if they had anything they wanted to ask God. The daughter almost immediately began to cry. She didn't tell us why but it was a really powerful experience to find that family.
Here are the birds!
Yellow-crowned Warbler -Chipe Corona Naranja
Turkey Vulture -Zopilote Cabecirrojo
Cassin's Kingbird -Tirano de Cassin
Brewer's Blackbird -Tordo de Brewer
Common Raven -Cuervo Grande
Say's Phoebe -Mosquero Llanero
This weeks spiritual thought is from Mosiah 28:3.

3 Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake and tremble.
As a missionary working to the maximum is really important. It's also really hard. It's very easy to be lazy or selfish but that doesn't get anything done. As I work I'm trying to get over my tiredness or selfishness or impatience to bring this message to as many people as possible. It's really hard but I know that the more I understand about the importance of this message and the Atonement the easier it gets to open my mouth and talk to everyone.
Sorry it's a little short but I'm happy I actually got a chance to write. :)
Thanks for everything.
Les amo y extraño.
-Elder Steiner

No comments:

Post a Comment