Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 30 (4/11/2016)

Hello everyone!

This was the last week of the change! This change has been fantastic and I've really learned a lot. I feel way more confident with Spanish than the past change and teaching is a lot easier now than the past changes as well. I'm really happy with the work I've done this change. This last week we found several really good people that could be baptized by the end of next change.




I'm staying here next change but Elder Hernandez is headed to Monclova. I'm a little sad that he's leaving but it's okay. I can say that I really learned a lot from him and I hope that I can start applying it more in my own teaching and as I work with my future companions. 





My next companion is named Elder Bauer, and my streak of being junior companion to district leaders continues this next change. I'm excited to see how we work together and what I can learn.

This Friday we had an activity in the church. It was a little difficult because the ward wasn't as involved in the planning as we wanted but it turned out really well. We even had 6 investigators there between us and the other missionaries! We focused the activity around how the members can help us with missionary work. We commited all of the members to do a small act of missionary work this week.






It's starting to get really hot here this month, and it's only going to get hotter during the summer. I'm glad that I'm here in Saltillo at least for now because it's higher up in the mountains and it doesn't get quite as hot. I'm starting to see how what Robert Whetten said about how hot it gets is very true. I hope I can survive at least through this first summer and then maybe the next will be a little easier. (Probably not...)

Here are the birds!
Chipping Sparrow -GorriĆ³n Cejiblanco
Barn Swallow -Golondrina Ranchera
Bewick's Wren -Saltapared de Bewick
Common Nighthawk -Chotacabras Mayor
Cattle Egret -Garza Ganadera
White-tailed Kite -Milano Maromero

I forgot to look up a scripture for my spiritual thought this week but I have something I can relate to the birds. The last three birds in the list flew away almost immediatly after I saw them and I was really happy that I saw them before they left, especially the kite. I think that God gave me several tender mercies to see those birds. For most of you that might seem a little silly but I'm honestly grateful for all the (little) good things (and some of the bad things) that have happened here on the mission.

I'm really happy to be here as a missionary and I'm really grateful for all that you all do for me. Thanks to all those that write. I miss and love you!
-Elder Steiner

No comments:

Post a Comment