Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Week 31 (4/18/206)

Hello everyone!

This was the first week of my sixth change! It was kind of a slow week in terms of lessons but I am having a lot of fun with my new companion. I said last week his name is Elder Bauer. He's from Idaho and his high school mascot was a potato. I thought that was kind of funny. :) He has 20 months on the mission so he's leaving in August, almost exactly a year before I go home.

This week was pretty normal. We were with Elder Johnson, our zone leader, on Monday because his companion got changed to be assistant. We taught all the Monday lessons as a trio which was pretty cool. I think I've spent an unusual amount of time specifically with leaders here in the mission because all my companions have been district leaders and we spend a lot of time with the zone leaders as well. 

Tuesday I was in the bus station for about half the day waiting for my companion. I got to know a few missionaries whom I hadn't seen before. We got hungry after a little bit so we went over to a little store and I found powder hot chocolate(!). I haven't seen it very many places here in Mexico so I bought it and saved it in the house.

On Sunday we only had one investigator in the church...That was kind of frustrating especially after about five people had said they would be there. It's okay, though. The investigator that came is named Cecelia and she's pretty close to baptism. We just need to get her "husband's" divorce finished up so they can get married and be baptized.
Every Sunday we take dats so we stopped by a members house to call the other elders. As we were sitting there the dughter in the family was progressively bringing in different farm animals. I took pictures with a rabbit and a chick and then Elder Bauer and I took a selfie with a chicken. That was pretty fun.

Here are the birds!
Brewer's Blackbird -Tordo de Brewer
Zone-tailed Hawk -Aguililla Aura
Turkey Vulture -Zopilote Cabecirrojo
Northern Rough-winged Swallow -Golondrina-aliserrada Norteña

The spiritual thought for this week is from 1 Nephi 20:10.

 10 For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.
This week we are going to start ponderizing scriptures each week. I chose this one sort of randomly but it happened to be really important for Elder Bauer. I basically just opened up the Bible to the topical guide and saw furnace. This scripture is really important to show how we are chose of God by how well we endure the challenges we face.

Thanks you all for your support! I am really happy to be here even though it's a little dirty and there are dogs everywhere. I know I'm in the right place and with the right companions.

Les extraño y amo!
-Elder Steiner




No comments:

Post a Comment