Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Week 70 (01/31/2017)

Happy pday!

Today has been a pretty good pday. We have been a little busy with haircuts and extra lunch with our neighbors but still good. I think that my hair got cut a little too short this time but whatever. I feel like no matter how they cut it here it always grows in fine. Missionary hair must be magic in some way. Haha!

On Tuesday we went to a missionary homecoming and sang some special hymns for him. It turns out that out of all the missionaries in our zone Elder Reid and I have the most musical experience (I still feel like I have very little) so whenver they ask us to do special songs he plays the  piano and I have to direct everyone. It usually turns out okay.

This week was pretty eventful with a bunch of baptisms on Saturday. Our branch ended up having eight baptisms in one day. We baptized three kids and the other elders baptized a family and another girl. There was also a child baptism for the branch. It was a really good day and the week leading up to the baptisms was really fulfilling. Elder Reid and I even bought some 9 peso (50 cent) wafer cookies to celebrate and treat ourselves.

Today is the end of my 12th change. Only five more to go and then I come home....Only a year ago I thought that I would never be this far along. Much less training, being a district leader, and being able to baptize. I've learned so much as a missionary and I know it's all due to the Atonement. Heavenly Father has taken me and molded me into something better. I still don't know what's coming in these next seven months but I'm really looking forward to growing and learning.

Thank you all for everything! I hope you all have a good week!

-Elder Steiner

No comments:

Post a Comment