Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 74 (02/27/2017)

Happy Monday everyone!

This week was average in terms of missionary work. We had an exciting pday last week with the other elders and then on Tuesday we had our district meeting. Lately we have been focusing a lot on finding new investigators and our district hasn't been completing very well, us included. I gave a pretty good training paired with an inspirational video from the zone leaders which actually helped out a lot. After the meeting we went and contacted new people in the other elders' area. All together we found 13 new investigators in under two hours. We plan on having activities like that in a different area each week to help keep us going finding new people to teach. By the end of the week we had a total of 60 new investigators as a district so I think we're doing pretty well. Haha!

The next day we did divisions with the zone leaders and helped them with their baptism that afternoon. I went with Elder Painter to his area but Elder Painter never uses maps so I was kind of in charge of getting us to the lessons because he would get us lost. Divisions are really fun especially when I get to learn a lot from the other elder.

Yesterday we had a good time in church and I also got some packages! Woo hoo! We had three investigators in church which was really nice and we also helped out with the choir that night. Elder Reid can sight read music like a champion.

Our baptism for this week ended up not happening because our investigator didn't feel ready. That was kind of hard but we are shooting for the eleventh of March so we can get him baptized soon. I'm really glad for the work I have done here in Acuña and I hope I can keep it up before I leave here.

Well, that's it for this week! Not a lot of bird news this week but I'll keep my eyes out for next week.

Thanks for everything! I hope you all have a great week!

-Elder Steiner

No comments:

Post a Comment