Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Week 13 (12/14/2015)

Hello everyone!

This week was a little different than normal. First, it was the first week of my second change! Two new missionaries came into our zone. One, Elder Morales, is in our district, and the other, Elder Holmes, is in the other area in our ward. Second, we had to go to Saltillo again on Tuesday. Elder Leon, one of the secretaries, took my papers in a little late so I had to go down there to sort some things out. Elder Muñoz had to go down there anyway so it wasn't too big of a deal. We lost a day of work, though. That was a little annoying.

We didn't get as many lessons as we wanted this week. Partially because we had to go to Saltillo so our planning got messed up and partially because we were just unlucky. That's how it is, though. We keep working hard and looking for new investigators. Also, my Spanish is getting a lot better!

Yesterday was the temple dedication for the Tijuana temple. That was really cool. I've been to a few temple dedications before but This time I was really thinking about how important the temple is and all the blessings that we can receive by going there. President Uchtdorf told a story about how when the San Diego temple was built sisters from Mexico came to clean in the temple. The sisters appreciated the opportunity to simply clean the temple and some of them took their cleaning clothes and framed them. Living in Utah the temple was always right there. I wish I had gone more often and appreciated it more.

The church released its new Christmas video just recently and we have been sharing it with our investigators and members. I want all of you to watch it and think about why Christ was born and all that he has done for us. Christmas is a great time for family and gifts and parties but it really is a time to think about our Savior and his sacrifice for us.

Here are the birds:
-Great Kiskadee -Bienteveo Grande (These are everywhere so I'm taking it off the weekly list)
-Bell's Vireo -Vireo de Bell
-Cattle Egret -Garza Ganadera
-Greater Roadrunner -Correcaminos Mayor
-Green Jay -Chara Verde (There were a bunch in a cage so this shouldn't count but thery are really beautiful birds so I wanted to tell you I saw one)
-Killdeer -Chorlito Tildío
-Black-throated Sparrow -Gorrión Gorjinegro
-Sharp-shinned Hawk -Gavilán Pajerero
-Green Parakeet -Perico Verde Mexicano

Thank you for all your support and love! I miss you all!

-Elder Steiner

And here are some pictures he sent this week. Finally!!



No comments:

Post a Comment