Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Week 14 (12/21/2015)

Merry Christmas everyone!

I hoe that everyone is having a good first few days of Christmas break/week. That was always the best break of the year during school. Sadly, missionaries don't take breaks (other than pday, I guess but it still feels like any other day because of all the stuff we need to do). We're going to work on Christmas and Chrismas eve just like any other days but it's all fine because the work is pretty fun and it's still Christmas so I can't be sad. It's not allowed.

This week was pretty regular. I had exchanges with Elder Salazar this week. He's from my mission generation and he came to my area so I was in charge of planning and leading and everything. That was a little stressful but it is what it is and I learned how to plan more efficiently.

We met a new investigator named Oscar. I'm not sure if he really likes to have lessons from us or if he's just lonely and wants someone to talk to. It was actually kind of like he contacted us. We were walking by his house and paused for a second and then he called out to us and we thought, "Why not." We have been having lessons with him every two days. I'm confident we can get him baptized next change.

Recently for contacts we have been showing the new Christmas video that the church made. I don't remember if I said this last week but it's a good way to get contacts. Technology and videos really draw people in especially if they are short. People are too busy sometimes but when we say "It's only two minutes" they usually say yes and we end up having a 30 minute lesson about how Christ is our saviour and then we do a baptismal invite.

Here are the birds.
-Cedar Waxwing -Ampelis Americana
-Green Parakeet -Perico Verde Mexicano
-Bell´s Vireo -Vireo de Bell
-Ladder-backed Woodpecker -Carpintero Listado
-Pectoral Sandpiper -Playero Pectoral

Thanks for all the Christmas wishes and thanks for all the support.
I miss you all!
-Elder Steiner


No comments:

Post a Comment