Friday, June 3, 2016

Week 35 (5/16/2016)

Hi everyone!

This week was good. I have a feeling that the weeks are going to keep being good. The mission is a lot easier in month 9 than month 2. Haha!

On Tuesday we had our zone conference and the zone leaders trained us. Like I said we're focusing more on the Book of Mormon so they set up a jeopardy game with BoM questions. It was pretty fun but it got a little intense at some points. Missionaries can get really competitive about doctrine.
Later that day during lunc Elder Bauer challenged me to eat some really spicy salsa. He said that for every spoonful I put in my food he would eat two without food. Basically, we had a really fun afternoon full of stomachaces.

Tuesday is mother's day here in Mexico so we went around with our ward mission leader and delivered roses to our investigators and some less active members. They really appreciated it and it was pretty fun. Our ward mission leader is a little old so driving is scary especially with how people here drive anyway...

On Thursday we went and visited one of our investigators. He said he was busy so he couldn't have a lesson then. We offered to help him and we ended up washing his dog. It was pretty fun except for trying to catch the wet dog after washing him. Haha!

On Fridays we have our meetings with the ward mission leader. His wife usually gives us something to eat afterward. I can't remember what she gave us but I do remember that Elder Bauer and I ate some bugs. She had some beetles that supposedly help with all sorts of health problems so Elder Bauer ate some. After that I was basically obligated to eat some. It was pretty weird. I can't remember the last time I willingly ate a bug.

On Saturday we baptized Alejandro! It was really awesome. He and his wife looked really happy. I'm so glad that I can help these people to follow the gospel of Jesus Christ. The gospel is the coolest thing in the world.

Here are the birds!
Swainson's Hawk -Aguililla de Swainson
Cave Swallow -Golondrina Pueblera

The spiritual thought for this week is from the hymn Ye Elders of Israel verse 2.

2. The harvest is great, and the lab'rers are few;
But if we're united, we all things can do.
We'll gather the wheat from the midst of the tares
And bring them from bondage, from sorrows and snares.

I was thinking specifically about this the other day while listening to this hymn. A lot of the time I feel like I'm wading through a field of tares and that there is too much corruption and apostasy for wheat to grow well but that just means I'm looking at the wrong thing. If I'm topo busy thinking about the apostasy and badness then I can't focus on looking for people that will accept the gospel. I'm here to help the people lost in the midst of the tares to come unto Christ and be free.

Thank you all for your love and support! I miss you and hope that you are all well.

-Elder Steiner

No comments:

Post a Comment