Friday, June 3, 2016

Week 36 (5/23/2016)

Hello again everyone!

This week was the last week of the change and I think I can say it was the best one yet. We got our changes this morning and I'm staying in this area for another change at least. I'm really happy that I can stay here and hopefully baptize some of the families we found these last two weeks. Also, Elder Bauer is my favorite companion so far so staying with him is really nice.

I forgot to mention last week but we ate with the missionary couple that is here in our mission on Monday. Elder Bauer ate with them on exchanges a few weeks ago and the other day he jokingly asked the sister when we would eat with them again so they invited us to eat for p-day. Two other companionship's were there with us. We're going to make no bake cookies to say thanks for the lunch.

On Tuesday the Elder Lugo, the senior elder that fed us on Monday, came to work with us. We had several really powerful lessons with him. He also has a tablet so we were able to show videos to the investigators. Elder Lugo is a really good teacher and he's never timid so it was fun to work with him.

On Thursday a dog tried to attack me. We were walking along and offered to help some people move some furniture into their truck. They said no and their dog, chained to a tree, started to bark at us. So, we started to walk away and then we heard something happen with the chain then the dog came running around the other side of the truck. Elder Bauer just kind of stood there and didn't know what to do. I didn't want to hit the dog with it's owners right there so I just pushed my bag into it's face and started backing up. It worked pretty well because the dog couldn't get past my bag and the owners came and grabbed it within a few seconds. It was kind of scary but honestly not so bad. The best part was that my companion was just laughing at me the whole time.

On Sunday we ordained Alejandro, Jose, and Pedro to the Aaronic priesthood. I'm really happy that they all have the desire to move forward and grow as members. Alejandro was especially excited. He really wants the Melchizedek priesthood so he can give blessings to his wife and others. He's a really good convert.

We also went to Arteaga, a small city outside of Saltillo, on Sunday. There were a bunch of people there in a big market thing. We had a contacting activity where we stood up on stools and testified of the Book of Mormon. It was really cool but honestly really scary. Each of us got up and testified for about a minute. I was pretty loud and felt pretty good when I started up but then I had to get down after a minute because my legs were shaking.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that when we werre getting the baptismal font ready for Alejandro we had to use buckets to empty it. The pump wasn't working right so we had to dump the water into the sinks in the bathroom. It took a while to empty but we got it ready in time.

Here are the birds! 
Carolina Wren -Saltapared de Carolina
White-tailed Kite -Milano Coliblanco

Well, that's all for this week. Thanks for everything!
¡Les extraño y les quiero!
-Elder Steiner

No comments:

Post a Comment