Monday, June 5, 2017

Week 86 (05/22/2017)

Well, I haven't written these weekly emails in two weeks so I don't really remember everything I need to say so I think I will just give a summary of these last few weeks.

First off, we haven't baptized in two weeks so you are all updated on that. This week we will baptize two investigators. They are going to get married on Saturday and then baptized afterward. They are really great and I have seen a huge change in the two of them. They have four little kids who love us and I know that the gospel will help this family a lot.

This week was my first full week working with Elder Painter in my area because before that we were with Elder Reid working both areas which was crazy. Elder Painter is a great missionary and we got a lot done in the time we had together. Now there have been a few changes in the zone but I'm excited to see how things work out.

Elder Painter got a call from President on Friday about some changes in the mission and it turns out that Painter is going to be the new assistant. Woo hoo! Now, I have had less than a full change (six weeks) as a zone leader and I am now zone leader 1. That means that I am 100% in charge of this zone and I need to do everything possible to help the other missionaries have success. I have never done this before and most missionaries have a little bit more time as leaders before they do it. Apparently, President has lots of confidence in me. I still don't know why exactly but I'm going to do my best. :) The leaders of the mission have a lot riding on us to keep the mission excited and working hard.

My new companion is named Elder Ibarra. He was part of this zone and President decided to move him up as ZL 2. He is still kind of new but he has lots of potential. I'm excited to work with him.

Thanks for reading even if this was just a summary. I didn't say what has actually been happening but I hope you get the gist of it.

This week I saw a Yellow-crowned Nightheron. That's a bird I have never seen before. I was close to getting a picture but I'm not fast enough.

Have a great week! I love you all!

-Elder Steiner

No comments:

Post a Comment