Thursday, April 27, 2017

Week 82 (04/24/2017)

Happy end of the cange! I guess that's not as significant for all of you but it sure is great for us. :)

This week went really well with lots of good lessons and a miracle baptism! The person we baptized is named Diana. She is ten and her mother and older brother were baptized a little more than a year ago. It was a very special baptism because Elder Reid and I have been able to baptize every week the previous five weeks but we didn't have anyone ready for this past Saturday. We fasted and prayed specifically to find or recognize someone who could be baptized this week. The next day, Sunday, Diana and her family came to church. Her mom, Lorenza is a convert but she hadn't stayed active because of difficulties in her work schedule. We had visited with Lorenza and Diana before but we hadn't gone very much and not recently. I had actually forgotten who they were when they got to church... We visited them on Tuesday and taught about repentance and baptism then asked Diana if she would like to be baptized. She and her mom both said yes so we put a baptismal goal for the 22nd. We taught her everything this week and she was ready to be baptized. It was one of the coolest experiences I have had in my whole mission. I really have a testimony of the power of fasting and faith.

This change has been my most successful in my whole mission. I have learned a lot from Elder Reid and I am sad that I won't be his companion for much longer. I am now going to be a zone leader but I'm staying here in Acuña with Elder Painter, my new companion and we will be in the other part of the branch I am currently in. Elder Reid will actually be with us in a trio for about two weeks until his companion gets here. That means that for two weeks we will be working the whole branch which is a lot of area, but between the two we already have six potential baptisms in these next two weeks. Woo hoo!

I'm not sure if this will be my last area or not but we'll just have to see. I've already got less time left on my mission than I have been with Elder Reid... That's crazy!! I'm going to be home before I know it.

Well, I hope you are all well and that you have had a good week as well. We'll see how this next change goes. :)

Love,
Elder Steiner

No comments:

Post a Comment