Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 5 (10/16/2015)

Hello everyone!

Today is my second to last MTC pday! Hooray! We get our flight plans today so I'll find out the exact time that I'm leaving and when I get to Mexico. I'm really excited.

It has been a full month since I first got here. I feel a lot more prepared than when I first came in so I think the MTC is doing its job.

So this Sunday I was released from my position as district leader so that another elder could have a chance. Elder Langi is our new district leader. He's been doing a good job so far and I'm glad he has a chance to serve in that position.

After being released from being district leader I thought I would just be a regular missionary for the rest of the time here but nope. President Price wrote an email to my tiro earlyWednesday morning (2:00 am) saying that I was going to be a zone leader along with my companions. So since Wednesday I've been a zone leader. I really haven't done very much. I chose a hymn for zone prayer the other day. That's a zone leader duty. Um...I sat quietly while the other two interviewed someone...Basically I haven't done anything in my new leadership position.

Our neighbors in the residence left on Monday. They were all going to Lyon, France. Many of the elders here have people sending them candy day after day and our French neighbors were no exception. They had several massive boxes of candy and granola bars and all sorts of snacks. Since they couldn't take 50 pounds of food with them they just decided to bequeath it all to us. Suffice to say, we were rolling in candy this week. The density of sugar is second only to a candy shop.

We had our last lesson with Elias yesterday which was kind of sad. We spent a while just talking about anything like school and his family. He's not a member but he's got a baptismal date set for November 7th, I think.

Out of all the things I've learned at the MTC the most important is that I need to rely on the Spirit. I have always relied a lot on my own knowledge and I've been learning that knowing about all sorts of different animals is not useful knowledge for teaching the gospel. I'm working hard to feel the spirit and to recognize it. It's been helping me learn how to teach and how to speak Spanish.

I tried to send pictures but only a few computers can do it. I'll try to send some later this week.

Birds this week: House Sparrow (we fed them chips during lunch)

I love you all! Thanks for all the emails and letters. 

-Elder Steiner

No comments:

Post a Comment