Monday, April 17, 2017

Week 80 (04/10/2017)

Happy Easter week!
 
This past week was a little stressful but very good. We were able to baptize two investigators on Saturday named Juan Jose and Juan Jose Jr. The baptism ended up being a little tricky because the dad only has one leg and he can't support himself on his leg so we had to put him in the font with his wheel chair and than dunk him backwards. It was a little tricky because his clothes started to float so there were three of us in the font pushing all of the clothes down to get him fully immersed. The son's baptism was also kind of tricky because he is afraid of water and had a little bit of ainxiety. I tried to baptize him the first time and he was almost under but then he shot out a hand to grab my shoulder. After that we had to help him calm down enough to basically sit down in the font and immerse himself. It was kind of stressful but we were able to get it done and I will always remember this baptism. I have now baptized, over the course of my mission, two people with one leg and two people who are scared of water.
 
Today we went and took a self defense class from one of the members. He invited us to try it out and it was really interesting. I have never had to deal with anyone trying to attack me or rob me but at least now I can pretend I would be sort of safe. haha! We also went and bought a tie and a wqallet for our ward mission leader. The other elders wanted to give him a gift so we all pitched in to help out.
 
Elder Reid, my companion, and I get along really well. I have always gotten along with my companions but Elder Reid and I are really similar. He doesn't like birds as much as I do and he makes fun of me for it but at least we work well together. haha! This has also been my longest companionship. I have now been with Elder Reid for almost five months which is about a month and a half longer than my longest companionships. I think that in two weeks we will probably be changed but these will be some good two weeks.
 
I hope you all have a great week and that you can all spend some time to think about the last week of our Saviour's life. Chirst is our perfect example and we should all stirve to live as He did. Also, you should all watch the Prince of Peace video on mormon.org. Happy Easter week! 
 
Con mucho amor,
Elder Steiner

No comments:

Post a Comment