Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Week 81 (4/17/2017)

Happy Easter everyone!

This week has been about normal. Then again, my normal weeks have been really good lately. :)

This week we did some special activities with the district for our weekly meeting on Tuesday. The zone leaders started a relay race in the zone with teams to get us to exercise more. We lost the race so that was kind of a downer. Haha! After that I had to teach the district so to keep them from getting bored I try and do activities. This week, in honor of Easter we hid eggs around the chapel (Thanks to Nan and Grandpa for the plastic eggs!) for the Elders to find. We made it into a little competition so it was fun. I think I'm finally getting a hold of this district leader stuff.

On Thursday we started helping our convert fix his house. His house had burned a while ago so the roof is pretty bad. The Elders in the branch and we went to help replace the damaged beams. We worked all the morning on Friday and Saturday to replace beams and then shingle the roof. It ended up looking really good and we started teaching a friend of our convert who is helping with the roof! He seems really interested and has had a lot of changes from his old life to now.

On Saturday we baptized three people! Liliana, Emily, and Cristian were baptized at 7:00 Saturday night. I was able to baptize Liliana and Emily then Elder Reid baptized Cristian. It was a great baptism and the whole family has really been integrated into the branch here.

The next day we were able to do the confirmations and then ginve the Aaronic preisthood to five of our converts, Cristian included. We have been working really hard here and during our time we have gotten three new families to come to church and be baptized! This area has been a great belssing and I'm really happy to have had these experiences. I know that the Lord is preparing people in all places to receive his gospel.

Today we went to the dam with some members. First we went and took pictures with the eagle statues on the border and then we went to a little creek to have lunch. I was able to see two new birds and I was able to hear a canyon wren from on top of the dam. While at the creek we got inspired and started building a little wall in the water to make a baptismal font for this weekend when the other Elders baptize. I think it would be so cool to baptize someone in a river. I'm going to do it before I finish my mission.

Well, I hope you all had a fantastic Easter and that you have a great week this week. Thanks for writing and for all your prayers and love!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Steiner

No comments:

Post a Comment