Thursday, January 12, 2017

Week 59 (11/15/2016)

Hello everyone!

This email might have to be short but this week was great!

I got to my new area on Tuesday morning and it has gone really well. We already have two people ready for baptism this Saturday! Their names are Julio and Alen. Elder Gomez baptized Alen's brother a few weeks ago.

My companion is Elder Gomez. He's from Mexico City and has 10 months on the mission. He has been without a companion for the last five weeks so he worked with the zone leaders for these past weeks. We are basically learning this area together.

This area is pretty interesting. It has a lot of restaurants and stores. A lot more than in any of my other areas. However, it is a really big area and the streets are really confusing. All of the main streets go in different directions and I have difficulty orienting myself sometimes. But, I'm really excited to work here.

Our house is nice and has plenty of forks (unlike my first house with one broken fork) and the beds are big! It is also cleaner than most houses. The worst thing is that we don't have running water and that we've had to organize a lot since no one has been living there for a few weeks.

Yesterday there was an area wide conference for all of Mexico. Elder Nelson and Elder Hales spoke along with Sister McConkie and Elder de Hoyos. President Nelson was really direct about keeping the commandments and paying tithing. I enjoyed it even though it was difficult to get to know the ward members in a conference. Haha!

Well, I'm looking forward to this area and I'll let you all know how the baptism goes this weekend. I hope you all have a good week!

-Elder Steiner

No comments:

Post a Comment