Thursday, January 12, 2017

Week 63 (12/12/2016)

Happy Monday!

This week was really good. A little slow work wise but we had some great activities. On Wednesday we had a contacting activity in the main plaza of Monclova with all the missionaries here. We showed the new Christmas video, Light the World, and contacted the families there. We also sang Christmas hymns for a while and a news guy came and filmed us with his phone. I was directing the hymns so after one he stopped us and asked me what we were doing. He asked if we were Jehovah's Witnesses as well. Now, for the second time in my life I have been interviewed on the news for something church related. :D

On Thursday we had our Christmas devotional with President Cahoon. We had a great meal with all the missionaries and then some other elders did a small Christmas program with President playing the piano and three other elders singing for us. They read about Christ's mission and his birth between the songs. At the end Sister Cahoon and President Cahoon spoke. Lots of elders were crying because of the spiritual atmosphere. After the devotional we had cake and a gift exchange. It was really fun to see all the missionaries together and to hear from President.

Well, today I found out that after five weeks in Monclova I'm leaving. Last night the assistants called me to tell me that I would be a new district leader and trainer so today I'm headed to Saltillo to meet my kid! Also, I found out last night that I'm changing areas. So, I'm going to be a leader, trainer, and getting to an area I have never been in before. Woo hoo! Responsibility x3! We'll see how this next change goes. It's also going to be seven weeks long.

Well, that's all for this week. I hope that you all have a great week!

-Elder Steiner

No comments:

Post a Comment